10 mostly disturbing old medical tools you don’t want to meetMental FlossPARTURITION
It’s impossible to guess what these horrible gadgets are – you’ll have to click through to Mental Floss (link below) to find out. Number 8 is quite disturbing… Actually, they are pretty much all disturbing.
- THE SCARIFICATOR, 1874
- THE MIRACULOUS CHAIR OF PALERMO, PARTURITION CHAIR, EARLY 18th CENTURY
- MERCURY SYRINGE AND FIELD DRESSINGS, 1545
- BLOODLETTING FLEAM, 1850
- THE PREPUREX PREGNANCY TEST KIT, 1980
- TREPANATION KIT, 1771
- THE UTICA CRIB, 1840s
- GERMAN SPERMATORRHOEA RING 1894
- CIVIL WAR DENTAL SCREW FORCEPS, 1860s
- CIVIL WAR BONE CHAIN SAW 1860s
Read the full text here: Mental Floss.
More stories about healthcare.
Photo credit: Marek – Fotolia.comPosted by Deanne Mayall