10 ways to improve your Twitter image and following
Are you putting your best tweet forward? See if you measure up to these 10 tips for brushing up your Twitter image and following—brought to you by Lori McNee (@lorimcneeartist), whom the Huffington Post recently named a “Twitter Powerhouse.” Here are just two of her tips:
Rethink your Twitter name.
- This little trick really worked for me. Your name is the first thing that people will see on Twitter. Use the name you want to represent your brand.
- For example: When I first started on Twitter I used @lorimcnee, but quickly changed my name to @lorimcneeartist and gained more loyal followers rapidly. It is easier for people to associate me as an artist this way. Also, when people search ‘artist’, my name appears.
Choose your avatar carefully.
- Two separate studies concluded that one’s avatar affects how a message is received, and also how individuals interpret it.
- The higher the friendliness and attractiveness of the avatar, the more intimate people are willing to be with strangers.
- It is not a rule, but I suggest using an image of yourself rather than a business logo.
Full story at the Top 10 Blog.
More Twitter tricks and tips.
Photo credit: FotoliaPosted by Noelle Chun