No matter what advice you read on building a stellar blog, one key to success is always creating great content.
While your expertise and deep thoughts may provide an endless stream of high-quality content, every blog could use the boost of the post that sets the Internet on fire.
Blogworld’s Shanna Mallon has a great list of twelve types of content to hook new readers by spreading the good word about your blog.
1. News: Breaking news is always attention-grabbing, if only because it’s new. People like to feel in the know. So give your readers something worth spreading by announcing a big change or update.
2. Memes: Memes are made to be spread. They may be photos, videos, tags, or other media, but they go viral quickly, making them the perfect social media tool. Wonder how a company or blogger can use memes to spread a message? Consider the following examples:
- Starting a Hashtag: Anthropologie tagging product line with #AnthroPetites and seeing followers do the same
- Joining an Existing Meme: Facebook doing the Harlem Shake
- Launching a Campaign: Bon Appetit’s monthly Cook the Cover feature, encouraging readers to make the recipe on the cover and post it online
3. Photos: Beautiful, eye-catching, noteworthy photos do well on many forms of social media, from Pinterest to Facebook. In fact, according to some research, Facebook posts with an image generate 120% more response than posts without one. So to maximize your influence, post attractive images readers will want to share.
Full story at Blogworld.
Great content ideas for your blog.
Photo credit: FotoliaAuthor on Google+