The sight of a telephone book (or four) on the doorstep makes most of want to flip something other than pages, but with a touch of crafty spirit, you can make a year’s worth of gifts on the cheap with this travesty to the forests thanks to this Care2 article by Chaya.
1. Use the pages to wash your windows and mirrors. Just like newspaper, this is the best method for achieving a streak-free finish.
2. Turn the pages into envelopes. You can find a ton of cool tutorials for folding your own envelopes, and they add such a charming touch of DIY flair to a little gift or hand drawn card.
3. For a bigger, fancier present, you can make DIY gift toppers like lovely bows or fancy flowers.
4. Speaking of flowers, a paper bouquet of roses is, well, pretty dang amazing.
5. You can also turn phone book pages into leaves, like this lovely “newspaper leaf” garland. It’s a season-appropriate decoration these days, and makes a great craft project for children, too.
Full story at Care2.
Photo credit: FotoliaAuthor on Google+