25 bite-size social media tips from job recruiters job recruiterssocial media
Social media has opened up a whole new field of opportunities when it comes to the job hunt, though not all advice is created equally when it comes effectively utilizing this tool.
Good thing Jason Buss at Talent HQ sat down with recruiters themselves at a Minnesota Recruiters event to get the down low on how to effectively use social media to land your next job.
1. Use social media as a vehicle, not a substitute for an in-person interaction.
2. Remember your audience and that social doesn’t necessarily mean casual.
3. Engaging in social shouldn’t be a one-way communication or conversation.
4. Don’t fall for all the fads. It’s likely you won’t find your next job browsing Pinterest, although some of the worst recruiting consultants make it seem like a viable channel to be found.
5. Pick one or two social sites and be active. It’s also important to have your profile and any links on other static sites that you do not visit as frequently.
Full story at Talent HQ.
The word from the horses’ mouth.
Photo credit: FotoliaPosted by Kate Rinsema