The film Titanic was huge in every way, and such a gargantuan production is bound to have tons of surprising details. Buzzfeed compiles 33 neat facts about the film and its production. Here are some samples from the article:
- James Cameron went on the dives to the real Titanic himself, and found it an overwhelming emotional experience to actually see it. He ended up spending more time with the ship than its living passengers did.
- Titanic was the first film to be released on video while it was still being shown in theaters.
- James Cameron originally wanted Enya to compose the score for the film and even went so far as to assemble a rough edit using her music. When Enya declined, Cameron hired James Horner.
- After finding out that she had to be naked in front of Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet decided to break the ice, and when they first met, she flashed him.
- Robert De Niro was offered the role of Captain Smith but turned it down due to a gastrointestinal infection at the time.
Full story at Buzzfeed.
Photo credit: Fotolia