If you’re still lucky enough to have a Granny, you probably know by now that she always has a few valuable tidbits of information (although it’s probably necessary to separate the wheat from the chaff, if you will, like throwing out the part about boiling veggies to the mush stage and keeping in mind the advice to keep your knees together when wearing a short skirt or not wearing white socks with a tux).
Just because she hasn’t learned to double-click yet, doesn’t mean the family matriarch’s wisdom doesn’t extend to the world of social media, so Pam Moore at Social Media Today has taken an extra strong cup of joe minus the saccharine with Granny and collected the following commentary on Twitter, Pinterest and the rest of social media.
1. If ya’ ain’t got nothin nice, useful or relevant to say then shut yer dang yapper.
2. Is social media really as hard as you make it? Be a friend to get a friend. Speak when spoken to otherwise sit there, smile, be kind and don’t fart while on video!
3. First off, what happened with the Facebook IPO? I could have told ya’ that from the start. We don’t need no financial guru to tell us it’s overvalued. Uncle Charlie called that one a year ago. He’s a smart chicken.
4. I’m not sayin’ Zuckerbird isn’t smart. I’m just sayin’ there are a few smarter chickens.
5. Yes, I sometimes call him Zuckerbird. It’s not a typo.
6. How are all them purchased followers workin’ out for ya’? Ya’ can’t buy real friends. They can only be earned via the heart.
7. The heartbeat of social media really is people. Even mean ol’ Aunt Bessie is part of the heartbeat. She just makes mine beat too fast some days which is why I tell her to stick a sock in it.
Full story at Social Media Today.
Everyone’s got a voice in social media.
Photo credit: FotoliaAuthor on Google+