If your social media marketing efforts need a strong shot of creativity without a hefty dose of capitol, there are some great examples out there of companies who are making the most of these resources from which your business can take inspiration.
Phil Mershon at Social Media Examiner studied the sites of Sharpie, HubSpot, and Weapons Plus Martial Arts Supplies among others to glean some great ideas. Here are the key points, but be sure to check out the whole article to see these ideas in action.
- Social media is highly visual—take advantage of photos and videos.
- Showcase your customers—this greatly increases engagement.
- Enable social sharing on all of your content.
- Google+ will impact search results—are you realizing these benefits?
- YouTube is far more advanced than you may realize—check out the recent changes and consider making this a social destination for your business.
- Don’t overlook mobile users—optimize your content for mobile readers.
- Give people a reason to engage—coupons, causes and videos work well.
- Think about starting a LinkedIn group for your industry or niche.
Full story at Social Media Examiner.
Think mini-marketing magic.
Photo credit: FotoliaAuthor on Google+