A pair of leaping humpback whales nearly crush some curious onlookers. Jorge Ribas talks to a whale researcher to find out what the whales were doing right, and the people doing wrong.
Full story at Discovery News.
More on the humpback whales in Santa Cruz, CA.:
- Close encounter kayaking with the humpback whales of Santa Cruz (Oct. 31)
- Surfer almost swallowed by whale (Nov. 1, the original story)
- Surfer almost swallowed by whale – again (Nov. 10)
- Humpback whales of Santa Cruz: A naturalist & kayaker’s perspective (Nov. 11)
- Surfer almost swallowed by whale explained (Nov. 15)