The young adult genre has seen boom times in recent years thanks to series like Harry Potter and Hunger Games, but from the looks of this list of the top 100 teen novels of all time compiled by NPR, it appears the appeal of it is no new thing.
Whether you’re a teacher looking to freshen up the reading list, a parent looking to entertain your vacation-worn youth through the final days of summer or someone just looking for a good book to read, there’s plenty of great material to keep your bookworm from going hungry.
1. The Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
2. The Hunger Games Series, by Suzanne Collins
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
4. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
5. The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
6. The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
7. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
8. Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
9. Looking for Alaska, by John Green
10. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
Full story at NPR.
Photo credit: FotoliaAuthor on Google+