5 fun facts about letter frequency
Letters can be fun. Literally. F-U-N. Eh? Eh? Jokes aside, a little trivia about letter frequency in the English language will ensure you have a fun thing to talk about around all your letter-loving pals.
- The English letter frequency sequence (from most to least common) is “ETAONRISHDLFCMUGYPWBVKXJQZ.”
- The twelve most-frequently used letters comprise approximately 80% of the total usage.
- The most common doubled letters are “LL EE SS OO TT FF RR NN PP CC.”
- “T” is the most common first letter in English words at 16.7% of words.
- “X” is the least common first letter in English words at 0.005% of words.
All these fun tidbits found at Answers.com.
We’ve got all the answers.
Photo credit: FotoliaPosted by Answers.com