It’s Infographics Week at the NYTimes!
One of the Internet’s most popular mediums, the Infographic, takes the spotlight for the week at the New York Times. The feature tours the many uses of infographics in specific fields, like science and health, English language arts, and entertainment. In addition, the Times links to some of its proudest graphics. Here are some tidbits from the project:
- The Times Health Guide stores hundreds of health-related infographics.
- Great places to learn about infographics include the B.B.C. video | Understanding Informational Charts, TED Talks | David McCandless: The Beauty of Data Visualization, and VisualLiteracy.org | A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods.
- Great places to find interesting infographics online include flowingdata.com (of Understanding Shakespeare with Visualization), Cool Infographics (of Time Travel in Popular Movies and TV), Nigel Holmes | Explanation Graphics (of Relative Sizes of the US Surplus and Debt), and Information Aesthetics (who made the video above).
In addition, some of the best NY Times infographics include:
- “A Day in the E.R.”
- “The Literary Map of Manhattan”
- “Walking in Holden’s Footsteps”
- “The Write Stuff”
Full story at the NYTimes.com.
All the best infographic websites in one ultimate stop.Posted by Noelle Chun