Modern Library’s 100 best books of all time
Publishing giant Modern Library put together two rad lists of the Modern Library board’s favorites and readers’ favorites. (There also appear to be links to 100 best non fiction books and Radcliff’s Rival 100 best novels—but sadly both aren’t working at the time of this post.) What made the top five of each list?
The Board’s List
1. Ulysses, by James Joyce
2. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. The Portrait of the Aritst as a Young Man, by James Joyce
4. Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
5. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
The Reader’s List
1. Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
2. The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
3. Battlefield Earth, by L. Ron Hubbard
4. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Agree with the picks? See the full 100 on each list.
Lots more about books!
Photo credit: FotoliaPosted by Noelle Chun